Registration in the register of persons (BRP) of the municipality of residence is required for anyone who is staying in the Netherlands for more than four months. The type of documents required for registration differs per municipality. But a legalized and translated birth certificate is always necessary. After registration, the employee will receive a citizen service number (BSN) and with this personal number a health insurance, bank account etc. can be applied for.