All employers in Holland, including expatriates, pay income tax. During the course of the year, this is paid by/through either the employer or by a provisional tax assessment. You might receive a letter from the tax authority in January or February, requiring you to declare your taxes/income. Should you not receive this letter and you wonder whether you might be able to claim a tax refund, we recommend using the online form on the website of the tax authority. This requires the use of DigiD. If you are not yet in possession of a personal DigiD then you must apply.

When to declare tax?
The declaration can be completed as of the 1st of March 2019.