If a highly skilled migrant relocates from the Netherlands to another country, then kindly note that the residence permit needs to be returned, as this document is owned by the Dutch government. Please keep in mind that this is only applicable for NON-EU members who are in possession of a resident permit. The residence permit be returned at an IND office or sent to the IND by post. Our advice is to make a copy of the residence permit prior to your departure, so there are no issues after handing in the residence permit.