For which categories of travelers is there no travel restriction?
• EU citizens (including nationals of the United Kingdom) and their family members;
• Nationals of Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Monaco, Vatican City and Andorra and their family members;
• Third-country nationals who hold a residence card or residence permit in accordance with Directive 2003/109 / EC (the Long-Term Residents Directive);
• Third-country nationals who derive their right of residence from other European directives or from the national law of a Member State;
• Holders of a long-stay visa, including those with a temporary (valid) residence permit (MVV).
For travelers from outside the EU:
Travelers from the following countries are exempt from urgent quarantine advice:
• New Zealand
• South Korea
* The EU will only open to China if China opens to EU citizens. This is not the case now, so residents of China are currently not allowed in the Netherlands.
Please note, that it is not always possible to travel to other Schengen countries as each Schengen member state decides how to implement the EU entry ban. It is therefore important that you’re informed well in advance about the possibility of traveling or switch planes within the Schengen area.